I am stuck when it comes to cooking fish. Most of the time, I will deep fry the fish. Sometimes I grilled the fish, but only for weekend since it can take quite some time to prepare. Since I have access to oven now, then why not to try new baked fish recipes. I found this recipe from www.food.com, and quickly addicted to it since it is very easy to prepare, and the most important thing is, my family loves it. So, here is the recipe:
- 1 lb fish fillet (I use Pollock fillet as that’s the one available in my nearest grocery store)
- 1/2 stick of butter (you can substitute this with egg white for a low-fat version), melted
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese (I used mixed parmesan & mozzarella)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (I used chopped garlic)
- 2 tsp dried basil ( I used cilantro, okay, that’s what I have, don’t complain =P)
- 1-2 tsp paprika (I substitute this with chilli powder, or curry powder for more flavor)
- 3/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 500 F
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, basil, paprika, and salt.
- Coat the fish fillet in the melted butter then dip into the crumb mixture
- Place the coated fish in the greased baking pan
- Bake for 10 minutes
Done! It is very easy and very fast. Most of the time, I complete every thing in 30 minutes, which why I really really love this recipe. The crumb mixture also tastes very nice as it combines dry herbs, cheese, and garlic.
Oh, and here is the original recipe for this delicious baked fish.
Now, tell me, do you like fish? What is your favorite baked fish recipe?
Leave a Reply