If you feel that you don’t have time to do certain thing, perhaps you want to give it a 10-minute chance. Who does not have 10 minutes spare time every day? Hey, it’s just 10 minutes, what can I do in such short amount of time. Well, start simple, set a realistic goal on what you want to do. Set a timer, then just do it. When your timer rings, you may be amazed on what you have accomplished.
I started doing this 10-minute challenge when I feel I could not spare time to teach my son arabic after baby no 2 was born. That was what I did, set a timer, and go. I was surprised that we can finish half a page in such a short amount of time.
With regular 10-minute a day learning, my son has been able to complete 1 level of iqro book (containing approximately 30 pages) in less than 3 months. This is a significant improvement because he completed the lower level on much longer time period because I was now disciplin enough to spare 10 minutes of my day.
- Seeing this achievement, I am more eager to incorporate more activities in my day schedule, as listed below. Some of the are already done regularly on daily basis, while Some are still on my wish list.
- Reading iqro book with Abdurrahman (evening)
- Reading quran for myself (while commuting)
- Simple exercise (brisk walking to and from workplace to the nearest MRT station) : morning and evening
- Spare time to write blog article (while commuting)
- Spare time to edit image for blog post (done while commuting)
- Reading books with Abdurrahman (evening)
And here are more on my wishlist:
- Revise quran memorization for Abdurrahman
- Revise quran memorization for myself
- Taking care of my self (brushing hair properly, putting make up at home)
- Cycling every other day
- Blog related : promoting, visiting other Blog, getting engaged in social media
- Fundamental islamic knowledge with abdurrahman